Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Jaguars offense showed some interesting concepts Week 1

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    criniere au vent Index du Forum -> autres -> sondages et discutions
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chenyan94
palfrenier
palfrenier

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Nov - 04:49 (2018)    Sujet du message: Jaguars offense showed some interesting concepts Week 1 Répondre en citant

Let’s start with Week 1 versus the New York Giants. Blake Bortles played well Youth Austin Seferian-Jenkins Jersey , even though his passer rating ended with a 67%, and it’s mostly because the run game was very effective. In Week 1 there was only one run that was a tackle for a loss. Just one. The Jaguars game plan was to run the ball a lot against the Giants and they did, 28 times. Even with all of those runs, I was able to find a couple really good snaps showing Blake really paying attention to the cornerbacks and getting some great looks downfield.Blake wanted to punch the Giants in the mouth early, so when he noticed single-high safety with Jenoris Jenkins (5’10”) man-to-man on Keelan Cole (6’1”) he took the shot. Cole ran a perfect route and Jenkins broke the number one rule as a safety; you never let the receiver beat you to the inside and Keelan simply pulled him out and ran the streak.On the next drive Blake does a great job reading pass on an RPO (run pass option) play call just outside the redzone. Everyone on the team is reading the linebackers you can see it from a mile away. Both backers step up and Blake makes a great quick throw to Keelan Cole making it 2nd & shortTwo plays later Blake decides to take it into the endzone. Blake sees man-to-man and Seferian-Jenkins with a mismatch (linebacker instead of a safety) and Blake knows his wide out is going to hold his defender in and he drops it in the perfect pocket. Unfortunately, this was brought back because of a false start on Cam Robinson.Also a great read and throw by Blake here. Dede is going to be single covered on a Nickel corner and the help is blitzing with single high over the top. This is a perfect RPO. Read the end. If he comes hard then he pulls it back and runs outside. if the end is waiting for the play to develop, then he lets the RB keep it.All of my breakdowns are edited with @klipdraw an easy to use telestration software and @Nacsport my video analysis software. Contact me for more information or to get a free trial.Can we chill out on the Blake Bortles thing? Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles didn’t have a very good game against the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday afternoon. I think that’s fair to say, despite his stat line. When he was up against the Vikings first team defense, the offense struggled to move the football outside of a few screen passes and a nice third-down scramble by Bortles to put the team on the goal line.He even threw a God awful pick that he shouldn’t be throwing anymore, but like... can we just chill out a little bit?It’s probably because it was the only game on in the middle of the day, but the knee-jerk reaction of Bortles play on Saturday was beyond absurd. It started as soon as he hit Harrison Smith in the chest with an interception, where Bortles didn’t even see the safety trailing across the middle in man coverage http://www.jaguarscheapstore.com/malik-jackson-jersey-cheap , and just reverberated throughout the day on social media.As I mentioned, Bortles didn’t have a great game but it was far from make a panic trade immediately bad. This time last season Bortles was getting benched to give Chad Henne a legitimate shot at the starting job. Bortles ended the day going 12 for 120 20 with 159 passing yards and the interception, which even looking at straight up box score, isn’t that bad! Watching the game, it looked rough until the screens started moving, but it wasn’t even close to bad enough to make me the slightest bit concerned. I am saying that!The game in itself was really just an encapsulation of what Bortles is and likely always will be. Frustrating with some boneheaded mistakes, but never quits and is always trying to win. It’s a big reason why, despite all his short comings, he’s so easy to root for. He’s the same guy he’s always going to be and right now, that’s fine.Players don’t change that much, but I think he’s improved enough to where you don’t need to go into every game worrying about how he’s going to tank it for you or make it harder than it should be. Is he still going to have those games? Yes, absolutely Youth A. J. Cann Jersey , but they should be more like every fifth game now, not every other game like in the past. Saturday against the Vikings wasn’t even one of those games, it was just a quarterback having a tough time against an elite defense.I’m not sure what else people expected from him out there, but he gave about exactly what I thought he would.The reactions however, jumped the shark pretty quickly. It started up about how the Jaguars would be crazy not to at least call the New York Jets about Teddy Bridgewater and see what it would take to get him. At this point, it would be crazy to do that.Look, I’m a big Teddy Bridgewater fan. That’s no secret. He’s who I wanted the Jaguars to draft in 2015 2014 and I thought they made a mistake picking Bortles over him. Considering the injury he’s coming back from and the length of time he’s been out of football, Bridgewater’s preseason has been impressive and if/when he’s fully healthy he’s probably a much better passer than Bortles is.All that being said, can we just chill out a bit? Cody Kessler looks like more than an adequate backup right now and unless you’d be trading for Bridgewater to snap-start right away it makes little sense and the matter of fact assertion that he’d automatically make a team who made it to the brink of the Super Bowl in 2017, make the Super Bowl in 2018 is uh... crazy. The overreaction to Bortles game on Saturday has been way over the top.Chill out.At this point, he’s earned getting the chance to change your mind in the 2018 regular season.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Nov - 04:49 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    criniere au vent Index du Forum -> autres -> sondages et discutions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation